The Industry Leader for Economy, Durability, and Flexibility
DuPont™ Tychem® SL delivers effective protection against a range of chemical environments. Tychem® SL provides at least 30 minutes of protection against 160 chemical challenges. Tychem® SL, utilizing Saranex® 23-P film laminated to Tyvek® brand protective material, is a lightweight, comfortable garment specifically designed for easy wear. Tychem® SL is ideal for chemical mixing, remediation, emergency medical response, paint spraying, and radioactive environments.
Tychem® SL is used in a variety of industries, including environmental clean-up operations, waste management, industrial plants, cleanroom applications, hazardous material response teams and other emergency services. General garment construction/wear guidelines should be followed according to the specific application
When working in hazardous conditions, the color and visibility of protective apparel can greatly affect the overall safety of the worker. When workers wear high-visibility colors, it improves how well they are seen and distinguished from the background.
Obviously, safety is enhanced when workers can clearly see coworkers. The DuPont™ Tychem® SL white color is often a preferred choice because it provides contrast across a wide range of natural backgrounds. In a laboratory study, Tychem® SL received high overall ratings for visibility in dim light, bright light, and contrast with natural backgrounds.
Tychem® SL is rugged and durable even in cold temperatures. Tychem® SL offers little change in stiffness when exposed to extreme cold temperatures (-65° to 20°C or -85° to 68°F) as measured per ASTM D747.2 DuPont™ Tychem® SL is the only fabric laminated with Saranex® for which DuPont™ provides permeation data and technical support. DuPont provides permeation data and detailed information on how our fabrics perform against chemical classes in a variety of forms
Tychem® SL provides excellent resistance against blood, body fluid and viral contaminants, and passes ASTM F1670 for synthetic blood penetration and ASTM F1671 for viral penetration.
DuPont™ Tychem® SL is the only fabric laminated with Saranex® for which DuPont™ provides permeation data and technical support. DuPont provides permeation data and detailed information on how our fabrics perform against chemical classes in a variety of forms.
- The Tyvek® Saranex Coverall is a lightweight fabric that provides effective and economical protection against a broad range of industrial chemicals.
- Combining a laminate of Tyvek® spun bonded olefin by DuPont and Saranex® 23-P film from Dow™ Chemical.
- Garments made with Tychem® SL protective contain sealed seams and storm-flapped zippers for extra protection from chemical leakage
- These SL sealed seam garments provide reliable and economical Level B protection against a spectrum of chemicals used in the agriculture and petroleum markets.
- Garments with this SL are a top choice among workers who are mixing, loading and applying agriculture chemicals, are also engaged in related cleanups, and/or in general industrial environments.
- Protect your workers with this Level B standard against accidental spills, sprays and splashes of acids, bases, pesticides and other liquid chemicals.
- Sizes 2X, 3X and larger cost a bit more due to the increased amount of material required to make them.
- Packed 12 to a case.
- Prices shown are per case.
- Available in sizes SM-6XL, and can be special ordered with larger sizes.
- Meets ANSI/ISEA 101-1993 specs.